Australia is a constitutional monarchy with a federal division of powers. The country is made up of six states and two territories. The three most important states are New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland. Energy is a field of competence shared between the Federal Government (offshore...
Australia energy report
Australia energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Australia energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 47 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
The gas market is dominated by BHP Billiton, ExxonMobil, Woodside Petroleum, Shell (BG), Chevron, Inpex, Origin Energy, Conoco Phillips and Santos...
- Energy Supply
Australia's production of liquid hydrocarbons (crude oil, condensates and LPG) was 18.1 Mt in 2015; it has almost halved since it peaked in 2000 due to the decline in the production from mature basins. Australia's two largest producing basins, Carnarvon Basin in north-western Australia and...
- Energy Prices
Energy prices in Australia are lower than in Europe. The price of premium gasoline is about 40% cheaper than the EU price. The price of diesel was higher than that of unleaded gasoline until 2014. In the case of diesel, the difference with Europe is smaller (it costs about 30% more in Europe...
- Energy Consumption
Per capita energy consumption is relatively high, at about 5.3 toe, i.e. 70% higher than in the European Union. Per capita electricity consumption is9 200 kWh (2015).
Total energy consumption increased regularly between 2000 and 2013, at an average pace of 1.4%/year. Since 2013, it has...
- Issues & Prospects
According to the latest forecasts published in 2014 by the Australian Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics (BREE), total primary energy consumption is projected to grow by around 1%/year over the period 2015-2050. The share of coal in primary energy consumption is projected to fall from 27%...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Australia market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Gas prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 13: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 15: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 16: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 17: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 19: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the Australia market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Australia market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Australia Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Australia energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports