Bosnia-Herzegovina is a Balkan country located in Southeastern Europe. Its capital is Sarajevo. It is bordered by Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, as well as having 20 km of coastline on the Adriatic Sea. Following its independence from the Federation of Yugoslavia in 1992, the...
Bosnia-Herzegovina energy report
Bosnia-Herzegovina energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Bosnia-Herzegovina energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 31 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
All the gas is imported by BH Gas from Russia (195 mcm in 2014) through Hungary and Serbia.
In February 2015, Gazprom signed a contract with GAS RES to supply 106 mcm of gas directly to the Republica Srpska.
- Energy Prices
Electricity prices are set by the entity regulators FERC and RERS and differ for the three electricity companies. The tariffs depend on the time of day, as well as on the seasons (seasonal gap of around 30%). Prices are much lower than the EU average (49% lower for industry and 61% lower for...
- Energy Consumption
The country's overall consumption per capita reaches 1.7 toe (compared to the EU average of 3 toe) with electricity accounting for nearly 2 900 kWh, i.e. half the average EU level (2013).
The country's overall consumption increased fivefold between 1995 and 2011, with an average growth of...
- Issues & Prospects
According to Nosbih's plans, electricity consumption is expected to increase by 2.2%/year between 2016 and 2025. Many power projects are at various stages of development, including 2.2 GW of coal-fired and lignite-fired power plants, nearly 2.9 GW of hydropower, 1.8 GW of wind and 470 MW in...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Bosnia-Herzegovina market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
GRAPH 5: Gasoline & Diesel Prices (€/l)
GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (€c/kWh)
GRAPH 7: Gas Prices for Industry and Households (€c/kWh, GVc)
GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the Bosnia-Herzegovina market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Bosnia-Herzegovina market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Bosnia-Herzegovina energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports