The Energy Department of the Ministry of Industry and Trade is in charge of the country's energy policy. Following the closure of the Czech Energy Agency, the promotion of energy efficiency and renewable energy was transferred to the Ministry of Industry in...
Czech Republic energy report
Czech Republic energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Czech Republic energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 42 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Unipetrol refines and distributes oil through two subsidiaries, Česka rafinerska and Benzina. The company is controlled by PKN Orlen (Poland) since 2004 following the sale by the Government of its 63% stake in the company for €415m (J&T owns a 24% stake and other...
- Energy Supply
The country has important coal and lignite resources, mainly located in the northern part of the Boheme: 1.5 Gt of coal and 2.4 Gt of lignite (2014); proved reserves stand at 181 Mt of coal and 871 Mt of lignite (2014). Gas and oil reserves are limited (3 bcm and 15 mbl). The hydroelectricity...
- Energy Prices
Gas prices, which were much lower than the EU average in 2000 (-17% for industry and -46% for households), soared until 2012; they have been falling since then (-27% and -20%, respectively, from 2012 to 2015). Prices include excise taxes (€31c/GJ in the first half of 2016), plus a 21% VAT for...
- Energy Consumption
Energy consumption per capita is 28% higher than the EU average (3.9 toe), whereas electricity consumption per capita is in line with the EU average, at 5 500 kWh/capita in 2014.
The total energy intensity of the GDP is 50% higher than the EU average (in ppp) (2014). However, since 2000...
- Issues & Prospects
According to the Czech Energy strategy (2012), the share of coal and lignite in primary energy consumption should drop from 41% in 2010 to 20% in 2030, to the advantage of nuclear (from 17% to 28%) and renewables (from 6% to 14%). The shares of oil and gas should remain stable at around 20% and...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Czech Republic market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (€/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (€c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Gas prices for industry and households (€c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 13: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 15: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 16: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 17: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 18: Coal and lignite consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 19: Coal and lignite consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
In the Czech Republic market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator.
The Czech Republic market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Czech Republic Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Czech Republic energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports