Two ministries share the responsibility for the energy sector: the Ministry of Petroleum (MOP) and the Ministry of Electricityand Energy (MOEE). The latter supervises several agencies, including the New & Renewable Energy...
Egypt energy report
Egypt energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Egypt energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 45 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
The marketed production has decreased by 1.1%/year on average since 2008 and by 8% in 2015 (44.5 bcm in 2015). It increased very rapidly between 2000 and 2008 (3.5-fold increase from 18 bcm to 62 bcm) thanks to the commissioning of many gas fields, especially offshore.
In 2010 Eni started...
- Energy Prices
In 2016, fuel prices fell slightly, by 10% for gasoline and 9% for diesel, after the strong increase in 2015 due to the subsidy reduction. In 2015, the price of gasoline rose by 40% to US$0.33/l (92 octane) and that of diesel by 63% to US$0.23/l. Those prices are lower than in neighbouring...
- Energy Consumption
Energy consumption per capita is 0.9 toe, including 1 600 kWh of electricity (2015).
The country's overall consumption increased very rapidly between 2000 and 2007 (by an average of 8.3%/year); growth has been much slower since then (1.7%/year on average between 2007 and 2015).
- Issues & Prospects
Egypt aims to boost its installed capacity by up to 30 GW by 2025, 8 GW of which should come from renewables. In early 2016, the Ministry prepared a long-term strategy aimed at investing up to US$135.3bn to provide 51 GW of electricity until 2035. It aims to boost power capacity through new coal...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Egypt market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 15: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 16: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 17: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the Egypt market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Egypt market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Egypt Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Egypt energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports