The Ministry of Employment and the Economy is responsible for the country's energy policy. Its main objective is to promote the rational and optimal use of energy. The Department of Energy of the Ministry is organised into four main divisions in charge of the...
Finland energy report
Finland energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Finland energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 40 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Finland, which has only a very small gas market (less than 35 000 customers), is not concerned by the EU unbundling directive for network operators (above 100 000 customers). The national gas company, Gasum, has the monopoly on the country's gas sector (only importer and...
- Energy Supply
Finland is relatively poor in energy resources, with the exception of hydroelectricity and biomass (peat and wood). The economically exploitable hydroelectricity resources are estimated at 16 TWh (2014). Peat reserves are estimated at around 24 TWh (2014).
- Energy Prices
Electricity prices doubled between 2000 and 2011; between 2008 and 2011, they soared by 23% for industry and 30% for households. Since 2008, the electricity tax on electricity consumption has more than doubled, reaching €0.7c/kWh for industry and greenhouses and €2.25c/kWh for households and...
- Energy Consumption
Total energy consumption per capita stands 94% above the EU average, at 6 toe in 2014 (final consumption per capita is twice as high), including around 14 800 kWh of electricity (2.7-fold higher than the EU average). This gap is due to a much higher share of energy-intensive industries in the...
- Issues & Prospects
The Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy expects gas consumption to increase from about 4.7 bcm in 2010 to 5.2 bcm in 2020 (stable until 2030).
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Finland market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (€/l)
GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (€c/kWh)
GRAPH 7: Gas prices for industry and households (€c/kWh GCV)
GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
GRAPH 11: Oil consumption (Mt)
GRAPH 12: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption (TWh)
GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
GRAPH 15: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
GRAPH 16: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
GRAPH 17: Coal consumption (Mt)
GRAPH 18: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
In the Finland market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Finland market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Finland Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Finland energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports