The management of the energy sector is split between several ministries: the Ministry of Power for electricity and the coordination of energy conservation programmes; the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas; the Ministry of Coal; and, finally...
India energy report
India energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated India energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 52 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
India has substantial coal reserves at its disposal (56.1 Gt of proven reserves); however, a large part of the coal is poor quality. Its proven lignite reserves are estimated at 4.5 Gt (concentrated in Tamil Nadu).
Natural gas reserves are estimated at 1 490 bcm (2015). Additionally,...
- Energy Prices
In 2010 the Government liberalised the price of motor gasoline. In 2014 it fully liberalised diesel prices, which resulted in a 5.7% decrease in the diesel price. It will enable the Government to end the costly diesel subsidies, which amounted to about 1.4% of GDP in the fiscal year 2013-2014....
- Energy Consumption
Total energy consumption per capita remains very low: 0.68 toe in 2015, compared to 1.8 toe per capita at the global level, and 1.41 toe per capita in the Asian region. Electricity consumption per capita was 795 kWh in 2015, vs a global average of 2 820 kWh per capita and 2 187 kWh in Asia....
- Issues & Prospects
The energy sector is faced with two difficulties: the level of oil production is low while the consumption is rising sharply, leading to more imports; and sizeable investments are needed to increase energy production and improve infrastructure.
Using its in-house POLES forecast model,...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the India market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 15: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 16: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 17: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the India market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The India market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- India Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the India energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports