The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) is in charge of developing national resources and regulating state monopolies. It consists of four main departments: the Directorate General of Oil and Gas (MIGAS), the Directorate General of Electricity (DGEEU), the...
Indonesia energy report
Indonesia energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Indonesia energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 45 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Natural gas production has been decreasing since 2010 to around 71 bcm in 2015 (-17.5% between 2010 and 2015). Production increased by 20% from 2007 to 2010. The rapid growth in the country's natural gas production seen in the 90s slowed down over the 2000 decade because of ageing fields (0.6%/...
- Energy Prices
The Government cut electricity subsidies for households, industry and public administrations in 2014. Electricity prices were raised by an average of 11.57% for industrial users above 200 kVA, by 5.7% (for consumers of between 3.5 kVA and 5.5 kVA, by 11.4% for consumers of up to 1.3 kVA, by 11%...
- Energy Consumption
Consumption per capita is 0.90 toe, while electricity consumption per capita reaches around 800 kWh (2015).
Total energy consumption has increased by 2.7%/year since 2000. Oil is the country's dominant source of energy, providing 34% of the total (2015). Biomass comes second with 25%,...
- Issues & Prospects
Energy Outlook 2014 by the National Energy Council projects the energy mix to 2050. It indicates that the share of oil will be reduced significantly, dropping to around 28% by 2050. The share of gas will increase to 21% by 2050 and coal will increase to 19%. Primary electricity will account for...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Indonesia market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 15: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 16: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 17: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the Indonesia market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Indonesia market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Indonesia Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Indonesia energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports