The Government's Department of Communication, Energy and Natural Resources (DCENR)is responsible for the country's overall energy policy, including the energy security policy matters, the governance of the public energy companies and the implementation of a...
Ireland energy report
Ireland energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Ireland energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 38 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Natural gas production has been falling since the mid-90s (0.15 bcm in 2014 compared to 2.7 bcm in 1996). It comes from the Kinsale field, which is due to cease production in a few years' time. With the entry into production of the Corrib gas field in early 2016, dependency on gas imports is...
- Energy Prices
In addition to VAT, the excise tax for gasoline amounts to €58.8c/l plus a carbon tax of €4.6c/l, and for diesel to €47.9c/l plus a carbon tax of €5.3c/l (April 2016). The road fuel prices are very close to the EU average. Most of the price variations come from fluctuations in international...
- Energy Consumption
In 2014 consumption per capita was 2.8 toe (down from 3.2 toe in 2010 and 3.6 toe in 2000): it is 10% below the EU average.
The per capita electricity consumption reached 5 350 kWh (6 100 kWh in 2006), which is in line with the EU average.
Graph: CONSUMPTION TRENDS BY ENERGY SOURCE...
- Issues & Prospects
According to the third NEEAP published in 2014, the total final consumption for 2020 will grow by an average of 2%/year until 2020 in the baseline scenario.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Ireland market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (€/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (€c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Gas prices for industry and households (€c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 13: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 15: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 16: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 17: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 19: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
In the Ireland market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Ireland market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Ireland Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Ireland energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports