Ireland energy report
Ireland energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Ireland energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 37 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Ireland imports all its crude oil and about two thirds of its refined product needs. Ireland' oil dependency is among the highest in the EU.
Ireland has just one refinery, the Whitegate refinery located in Cork, with a capacity of 75 000 bbl/d. It processes crude, mainly sourced from the...
- Energy Prices
The price of natural gas follows trends in the international markets: between 2010 and 2014 it rose by 36% for households and has slightly decreased in 2015. It is now in line with the EU average (-3%).
The effect of international prices is even greater for industry, due to lower taxes....
- Energy Consumption
- Issues & Prospects
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Ireland market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (€/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (€c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Gas prices for industry and households (€c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 13: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 15: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 16: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 17: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 19: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the Ireland market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Ireland market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Ireland Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Ireland energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports