The Ministry of National Infrastructures, Energy and Water Resources supervises the energy sector. It does so through the "Fuel and LPG Authority" in the case of the oil sector, and through the "Electricity Authority" in the case of the electricity sector. The "Natural Gas...
Israel energy report
Israel energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Israel energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 34 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
The Tamar gas field, which started production in 2013, was developed by a consortium made up of Noble Energy (36%), Isramco Negev (28.75%), Delek Drilling (15.625%), Avner Oil Exploration (5.63%) and Dor Gas Exploration (4%). IEC has signed a US$23bn contract with the Tamar field consortium for...
- Energy Supply
Oil production is limited (12 kt).
Crude oil imports have increased significantly, reaching 14.3 Mt in 2015. The main crude oil suppliers are Egypt, Mexico and Norway.
Only one of the three pipelines that cross Israel is operative, namely the one developed by the Israeli company,...
- Energy Prices
The price of electricity has dropped significantly compared to 2014 (by about 19% for households and 17% for industry). For households it equals US$14c/kWh and for industry US$10c/kWh (2015). The price reduction came from the cheaper cost of electricity production since natural gas from the...
- Energy Consumption
Israel's consumption per capita is about 3 toe (including 5 650 kWh of electricity (2015).
The country's total consumption has increased by 7% in 2015 and reached 25 Mtoe (peak since 2000) due to increased economic activity and population growth. It increased rapidly between 2005 and 2012...
- Issues & Prospects
By 2025 the share of natural gas should reach 25% of total energy consumption.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Israel market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 7: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
In the Israel market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Israel market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Israel Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Israel energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports