The Ministry of Economic Development coordinates the Italian energy policy through the General Directorate for Mineral and Energy Resources (DGERME). The Interministerial Committee for Economic Planning (CIPE) is in charge of national economic and budgetary decisions regarding the energy sector...
Italy energy report
Italy energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Italy energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 44 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Italy is relatively poor in energy reserves: it has limited oil reserves (around 620 mbl in 2015) and gas reserves, which are falling rapidly (from 199 bcm in 2000 to 49 bcm in 2015). The country also has hydroelectricity (50 TWh) and geothermal resources.
- Energy Prices
The prices of electricity remain higher than the European average (12% higher for domestic consumers and 90% higher for industry in 2015), due to taxes (40% of taxes in residential electricity prices and 43% in industrial prices). Average electricity prices for industry and households are nearly...
- Energy Consumption
Italy's per capita energy consumption is 20% lower than the EU average (2.5 toe). Electricity consumption per capita is 4 800 kWh, i.e. 14% below the EU average.
Total energy consumption declined by an average of 2.5%/year between 2005 and 2014. It rose by 3.9% in 2015 to 152 Mtoe....
- Issues & Prospects
The Italian Government expects investments in 2020 to amount to about €180bn, shared between green economy (renewable energy, energy efficiency) and traditional sectors (networks, LNG terminals, storage facilities, production operations).
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Italy market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (€/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (€c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Gas prices for industry and households (€c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 13: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 15: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 16: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 17: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 19: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the Italy market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Italy market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Italy Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Italy energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports