Macedonia is a small republic resulting from the break-up of former Yugoslavia; its official name is FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia). It has been independent since 1991. It aspires to join the European Union (EU) and, accordingly, is in the process of harmonising and privatising...
Macedonia energy report
Macedonia energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Macedonia energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 29 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Macedonia has no oil and gas resources but has reserves of around 330 Mt of lignite with relatively low caloric value and a high moisture and ash content.
Thanks to the mountainous relief and the abundant rainfall, the country has a high hydroelectric potential. Its theoretical potential...
- Energy Prices
The average electricity price has been lower in industry than in the residential sector since 2014. The average electricity price for the residential sector has increased by 2.4% between 2013 (MKD 9.8/kWh; €16c/kWh) and 2015 (MKD 10.1/kWh; €16.3c/kWh), while the average electricity price for...
- Energy Consumption
In 2014 the country's energy consumption per capita was 1.3 toe, which is more than 50% below the European average, including 3 300 kWh of electricity (40% below the European average).
Total energy consumption has been decreasing rapidly since 2011 (-4.6%/year) to 2.7 Mtoe. Lignite...
- Issues & Prospects
According to the Strategy for Energy Development until 2030 (2010), the total final energy consumption will grow at an average annual rate of 2.6% between 2006 and 2020. Electricity consumption would follow a similar trend. Macedonia plans to invest €1.6bn in renewable energy sources, with the...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Macedonia market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 6: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 7: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the Macedonia market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Macedonia market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Macedonia Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Macedonia energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports