Moldova is a landlocked country bordered by Romania to the west and by Ukraine. It was part of the Soviet Union and became an independent country in 1991. Transnistria is a separatist Province that seceded from Moldova in 1992. It is not recognized by the UN and is officially considered as part...
Moldova energy report
Moldova energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Moldova energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 29 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Valiexchimp operates a small refinery, commissioned in 2008, with a capacity of 2 000 bbl/year. It uses oil from the Valeni oil field in Cahul district.
The import and retail market is dominated by four companies: Lukoil (109 service stations), Tirex Petrol...
- Energy Supply
Moldova has limited fossil resources. Consequently, the country covers all its energy needs with imports; Moldova's energy independence rate is very low, at 5%.
- Energy Prices
In 2012, for the first time ever, regulated tariffs were set higher for households than for industry, although the gas price for end-consumers is still considered to be highly subsidised. Gas prices remained stable between 2012 and November 2015, when they increased by 9.8% for all end-consumers...
- Energy Consumption
Energy consumption per capita is approximately 0.85 toe/year (fourth lowest level among CIS countries), including about 1 270 kWh of electricity, which is the lowest level among the CIS countries (2014).
Graph: CONSUMPTION TRENDS BY ENERGY SOURCE (Mtoe)
- Issues & Prospects
The Moldovan Energy Strategy 2030 foresees an average annual electricity consumption growth rate of 5.4%/year over the period 2012-2020 and of 4.2%/year over 2020-2030. It also targets a power generation capacity increase of 800 MW, including 400 MW from renewable energy. The scenario released...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Moldova market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 7: Gas prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the Moldova market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Moldova market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2013 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Moldova Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Moldova energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports