The Energy Directorate of the Ministry of Energy, Mines, Water and Environment plays a central role in the implementation and coordination of the energy policy. It supervises the activities of the centres and offices in charge of energy resources (except hydroelectricity), of...
Morocco energy report
Morocco energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Morocco energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 36 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
The national production of hydrocarbons is low. Nearly all the oil is imported, mainly in the form of crude oil, but also as LPG and diesel, while naphtha surpluses are re-exported.
The total refining capacity, distributed in 2 refineries, increased to 11.7 Mt/year or 235 000 bbl/d in...
- Energy Prices
The Energy Directorate fixes the ex-refinery prices, while the Ministry of Finance establishes the rights and taxes on oil products. The "equalisation funds" by product adjust the cost (refiners) to the selling prices (of the distributors), so as to amortise the rises in the crude price on the...
- Energy Consumption
Per capita energy consumption is 0.6 toe, including 915 kWh of electricity (2014).
Graph: CONSUMPTION TRENDS BY ENERGY SOURCE (Mtoe)
Primary energy consumption has doubled since...
- Issues & Prospects
According to the Ministry of Energy, the country's energy needs will increase by an average of 5%/year until 2030. Morocco aims to cover 42% of its electricity needs with renewable energy sources by 2020.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Morocco market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 7: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 10: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 11: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 12: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 14: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 15: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 16: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 17: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
In the Morocco market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Morocco market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Morocco Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Morocco energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports