Norway energy report
Norway energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Norway energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 41 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Norway has important hydrocarbon reserves (2 461 bcm for natural gas and 1 090 Mt for oil, end of 2015) which are mainly located in the North Sea. Hydroelectric resources, estimated at206 TWh/year, are already largely developed (approximately 60%) and part of that potential is considered as an...
- Energy Prices
- Energy Consumption
- Issues & Prospects
According to Statnett Grid Development Plan 2015, the electricity demand is forecasted to increase by 2.7%/year until 2020 to reach 134 TWh, mainly driven by oil and gas processing. The rise should slow down after 2020 to 0.7%/year between 2020 and 2030, to reach 143 TWh.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Norway market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (€/l)
- GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (€c/kWh)
- GRAPH 7: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 10: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 11: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 12: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 14: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 15: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 16: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 17: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the Norway market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator.
The Norway market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Norway Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Norway energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports