Papua New Guinea (PNG for short) occupies the eastern half of the island of New Guinea (the western part belongs to Indonesia). The capital is called Port Moresby. Papua New Guinea is rich in natural resources (gold, oil, gas and copper). Agriculture occupies around 85% of the population and...
Papua New Guinea energy report
Papua New Guinea energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Papua New Guinea energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 24 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Oil Search and InterOil are also the two main gas operators.
Nevertheless, new players such as Talisman, Samsung, DSME E&R and Hoegh have entered the sector in recent years following the construction of the first LNG project.
PNG LNG, a consortium made up of ExxonMobil (...
- Energy Supply
Crude oil production virtually stopped in 2011, and only resumed in 2013 (0.76 Mt in 2014). Before 2009, it declined steadily, from 4.5 Mt in 1990 to 3.7 Mt in 2000 and to around 2 Mt between 2007 and 2009.
The country has one refinery with a capacity of 32 500 bbl/d.
- Energy Consumption
Total energy consumption per capita is relatively stable, at 0.5 toe. Electricity consumption per capita was 440 kWh (2015).
Total energy consumption is mainly covered by oil (44%) and biomass (43%). The remaining consumption comes from hydropower and geothermal (11%) and gas (2%)....
- Issues & Prospects
In the APEC 6th edition of Energy Demand and Supply Outlook report, primary energy demand is projected to increase from 2.6 Mtoe in 2013 to 7.7 Mtoe in 2030 (BAU scenario).
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Papua New Guinea market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2:
- Graph 1: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 6: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 7: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the Papua New Guinea market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Papua New Guinea market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2013 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Papua New Guinea Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Papua New Guinea energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports