The Ministry of Mines and Energy (MEM) is in charge of the energy sector. The ministry, via the General Directorate of Hydrocarbons (DGH), lays down the policies and controls and orientates the sector in order to contribute...
Peru energy report
Peru energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Peru energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 32 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Pluspetrol carries out most of the current gas production with Camisea's blocks 88 & 56, followed by Aguaytia Energy (controlled by several American companies, including Maple Gas Corporation with 65%), Petrotech and Petrobras. Petrobras completed the sale of its fully-owned...
- Energy Supply
Production was stable between 2009-2012, but dropped by 28% in 2013 due to lack of investments in the sector and remained stable in 2014 (4.8 Mt). Most of the oil production comes from the Maranon basin (67% of the total production). Previously, between 2000 and 2008, production had remained...
- Energy Prices
The price of electricity is US$9.1c/kWh for industry and US$15.4c/kWh for the residential sector (2015). While the industry price has remained relatively stable from 2014 levels, residential prices saw a 2% drop in 2015. The prices are readjusted twice a year by the regulatory body OSINERGMIN,...
- Energy Consumption
In 2014 per capita energy consumption was 0.73 toe, which is around 25% below the South American average (around 1 toe). Electricity consumption per capita is approximately 1 285 kWh.
Total energy consumption has increased very rapidly since 2006, at an average rate of 6.9%/year between...
- Issues & Prospects
Peru has been faced with a significant energy demand growth since the mid-2000s, and consequently requires its energy supply capacities to be substantially expanded. According to Peru's National Energy Plan 2014-2025, the country aims to attain a 60% renewables share in 2025. This share is sub-...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Peru market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- Graph 1: Installed electric capacity by source (2013, %)
- Graph 2: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- Graph 3: Power generation by source (2013, %)
- Graph 4: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- Graph 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- Graph 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- Graph 7: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- Graph 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2013, %)
- Graph 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2013, %)
In the Peru market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Peru market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2013 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Peru Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Peru energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports