The Department of Energy (DOE) is in charge of the energy sector. The DOE has six bureaus: Energy Policy and Planning Bureau (EPPB), Energy Resources Development Bureau (ERDB), Electric Power Industry Management Bureau (EPIMB), Oil Industry Management Bureau (...
Philippines energy report
Philippines energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Philippines energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 32 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
A joint venture bringing together Shell (45%), Texaco (45%) and PNOC (10%) is operating the gas field of Malampaya, which was commissioned in 2001 (reserves of 85-140 bcm; total cost of €4.6bn). A 20-year contract covers the gas supply to 5 power plants, with a total capacity of 3 270 MW, on the...
- Energy Supply
Oil production reached a peak of 1.1 Mt in 2009, but has been decreasing since then (0.5 Mt in 2015). In 2015, crude oil imports were 10.5 Mt.
The total refining capacity is 287 mbd spread in two main refineries: Limay (180 000 bbl/d) and Tabangao (96 000 bbl/d). Petron invested US$2bn to...
- Energy Prices
Since the adoption of the 1992 law, electricity prices have been more stable and are controlled by the "Energy Regulatory Commission" (ERC). The price of electricity for households is no longer subsidised.
In 2015 the average price of electricity was US20.3c/kWh for the households sector...
- Energy Consumption
Per capita energy consumption is 0.52 toe, including around 670 kWh of electricity (2015).
Total energy consumption has increased by 5.4%/year since 2009, reaching 52 Mtoe in 2015. Oil covers 33% of the country's energy needs, followed by coal, lignite 24% and biomass (18%)....
- Issues & Prospects
According to the PEP 2012-2030, final energy consumption will increase by about 70% by 2030 from 2011 (2.8%/year), driven by the transport and industry sectors.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Philippines market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
In the Philippines market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Philippines market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Philippines Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Philippines energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports