Qatar is a small country located on the north-eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula. It is bordered by Saudi Arabia in the south and by the Persian Gulf. It is separated from the island of Bahrain by a strait. Its capital is Doha. Qatar has large natural gas reserves which have transformed the...
Qatar energy report
Qatar energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Qatar energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 34 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
In 2015 total oil production amounted to 74 Mt, i.e. double the production of 2000, a growth mainly explained by the increase in Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) production, which accounted in 2015 for almost 50% of the production.
Qatar exports about 60% of its oil production (crude and NGL) as...
- Energy Prices
Oil products were historically strongly subsidized by the government, resulting in very low end-user prices. After a subsidy cut on diesel prices in 2014 and another on gasoline prices in January 2016, the government decided in May 2016 to reform fuel subsidies and allow the prices to fluctuate...
- Energy Consumption
The country's total energy consumption per capita is very high at around 23 toe, including 16 000 kWh of electricity.
The total consumption has experienced strong increases since 2000, growing at an average rate of +11% per year, slowing down since 2013 though. It has reached 52 Mtoe in...
- Issues & Prospects
In 2013, the country announced a US$22bn plan for water and power projects between 2014 and 2022.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Qatar market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 7: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 10: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 11: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 12: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 14: Natural gas Consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 15: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the Qatar market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The Qatar market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Qatar Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Qatar energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports