The energy sector is controlled by the Energy Division (ED) of the Ministry of Trade and Industry. The Energy Department lays down the sector's strategic policy and the country's energy policy. The policy goals are to ensure economic growth, energy security, competitiveness and...
Singapore energy report
Singapore energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Singapore energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 26 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Although Singapore does not produce any oil domestically, certain companies are involved in exploration and production overseas. The largest of those companies is Singapore Petroleum Company (SPC), which exploits several fields in South-East Asia (mainly Vietnam and Indonesia...
- Energy Supply
Singapore imports natural gas through three gas pipes and one regasification terminal. One gas pipe links the country to Malaysia. A second pipe connects the gas fields of West Natuna in Indonesia to the industrial area of Jurong Island. The third pipeline of 460 km connects the fields of...
- Energy Prices
The price of premium gasoline is US$1.63/l and that of diesel US$1.18/l (2014).
Graph: GASOLINE & DIESEL PRICES (US$/l)
- Energy Consumption
Total energy consumption per capita is about 5.1 toe (2014), including 8 400 kWh of electricity in 2014.
Oil has a dominant share in the country's total energy consumption, with 65% in 2014. However, its share is decreasing due to the growing use of gas. The share of gas increased from 6...
- Issues & Prospects
In 2014, NCCS released five technology roadmaps to guide the nation in preparing its energy future. The five roadmaps are - Solar Photovoltaic, Carbon Capture and Storage, Green Data Centre, Building Energy Efficiency and Industrial Energy Efficiency. The development of more roadmaps, including...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Singapore market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
GRAPH 1: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
GRAPH 2: Gross power production by source (TWh)
GRAPH 3: Power generation by source (2014, %)
GRAPH 4: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
GRAPH 5: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
GRAPH 6: Gas prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh GCV)
GRAPH 7: Consumption Trends by energy sources (Mtoe)
GRAPH 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
GRAPH 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the Singapore market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Singapore market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Singapore Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Singapore energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports