Taiwan's Framework of Sustainable Energy Policy (2008) is focused on sustainable development. Its core principle is to balance energy security, environmental protection and the competitiveness of industry. The energy policy aims to create a highly efficient energy industry with low carbon...
Taiwan energy report
Taiwan energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Taiwan energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 27 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Several companies are present in the gas market, including CPC, Tun Ting Gas Corporation, a subsidiary of Tuntex for the supply of gas, and Great Taipei Gas Corporation for its distribution.
CPC owns the country's two LNG terminals, Yung-...
- Energy Supply
Taiwan's energy resources are limited, with its total energy fossil production (oil, gas and coal) representing 2% of primary consumption (end 2013). Proven crude oil reserves amount to 2 mbl (2014), proven coal reserves to 1 Mt (2013) and proven natural gas reserves to 3 bcm (2013).
- Energy Prices
At US$1.15/l for premium gasoline and US$1.07/l for diesel (2014), the price of motor fuels is about 20% lower than in Japan.
GRAPH: GASOLINE & DIESEL PRICES (US$/l)
- Energy Consumption
The country's total consumption per capita reaches 6 toe, which is more than 40% higher than the European average. Electricity consumption per capita is 9 900 kWh, and is increasing rapidly (7 400 kWh in 2000).
Coal and oil are the country's main energy sources (38% and 37%, respectively...
- Issues & Prospects
The power supply is particularly tight. Electricity consumption is expected to increase by 5%/year. Taipower's long-term Power Development Programme relies on the installation of 23.7 GW of new capacities by 2022.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Taiwan market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- Graph 1: Installed Electric Capacity by Source (2013, %)
- Graph 2: Gross Power Production by Source (TWh)
- Graph 3: Power Generation by Source (2013, %)
- Graph 4: Gasoline & Diesel Prices (US$/l)
- Graph 5: Consumption trends by Energy Source (Mtoe)
- Graph 6: Total Consumption Market Share by Energy (2013, %)
- Graph 7: Final Consumption Market Share by Sector (2013, %)
In the Taiwan market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Taiwan market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2013 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Taiwan Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Taiwan energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports