Taiwan energy report
Taiwan energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Taiwan energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 28 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Taiwan imports all its crude oil needs (44 Mt of crude in 2015). Around 2/3 of the crude oil is imported from the Middle East. Oil product imports are almost completely balanced by exports.
The country's refining capacity (1 040 000 bbl/d) is distributed over three refineries: Ta Lin (300...
- Energy Prices
Premium gasoline and diesel prices remained roughly stable in 2016. At US$0.8/l for premium gasoline and US$0.7/l for diesel (2016), the price of motor fuels is about 30% lower than in Japan.
Graph: GASOLINE & DIESEL PRICES (US$/l)
- Energy Consumption
- Issues & Prospects
MOEA plans to increase the deployment of LNG up to 15 Mt in 2020 and 20 Mt in 2025 (14 Mt since 2009).
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Taiwan market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-Energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Gas prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
In the Taiwan market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Taiwan market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Taiwan Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Taiwan energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports