The Ministry of Energy supervises all the sectors that until 2002 were under the responsibility of several different ministries. The Energy Policy and Planning Office (EPPO) is the department of the Ministry that defines the country's energy policy. The National...
Thailand energy report
Thailand energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Thailand energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 33 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
The production of liquid hydrocarbons (crude oil and NGL) represented approximately a third of the demand. Production more than doubled between 2000 and 2012, from 7.7 Mt to 18.8 Mt. However, it started to decrease in 2013 and production in 2014 was 5% lower than 2012 (18 Mt). Total imports of...
- Energy Prices
Prices of oil products were gradually deregulated, with the exception of LPG. The liberalisation of the price of LPG was delayed several times because of fears for an increase in the price of this sensitive product, which is widely used by households for cooking. Since February 2015 the price of...
- Energy Consumption
Per capita consumption in 2014 was 2 toe, including around 2 500 kWh of electricity.
Total energy consumption is growing rapidly (4.6%/year since 2000) and reached 138 Mtoe in 2014. Oil covers 39% of the country's needs, natural gas 28%, biomass 18% and coal 14%. The gas market share is...
- Issues & Prospects
TIEB 2015 defines the energy trajectory until 2036. Oil demand is expected to increase by 3.3%/year until 2036 in the BAU scenario. Details of the gas plan are yet to be released.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Thailand market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of oil infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 7: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 8: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the Thailand market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Thailand market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Thailand Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Thailand energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports