The General Energy Directorate, which operates under the Ministry of Industry, Technology, Energy and Mines, defines and implements the energy policy. It regulates the public energy companies through three directorates (Electricity, Gas and Energy Efficiency; Exploration and...
Tunisia energy report
Tunisia energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Tunisia energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 33 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Gas production is dominated by British Gas (BG) which supplies more than half of the national demand. All the gas is sold to STEG which holds a monopoly on gas distribution. BG, which has been present in Tunisia for over 25 years, is a major player, with cumulated investments of over US$4bn. The...
- Energy Supply
Since 2007 oil production has decreased regularly, falling from 4.6 Mt to 2.8 Mt in 2014. Oil production strongly increased in 2007 (+40%) through the exploitation of several small wells in southern Tunisia. The most important of those wells is the offshore oil field, Oudna, located 80 km from...
- Energy Prices
Electricity rates include a fixed charge and an energy charge that is different according to the time of day/night, peak times and the voltage (high, medium, low). The electricity price for domestic consumers remained stable between 2008 and 2013, at around US$15c/kWh. In 2014, it reached US$20....
- Energy Consumption
The country's per capita consumption is 1 toe, which is 5 times lower than the EU average. Its per capita electricity consumption is 1 4010 kWh (2014).
Total energy consumption increased rapidly between 2000 and 2010, and since 2012 (around 3%/year; it decreased by 4.5% in 2011 due to the...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- DATA TABLES
In the Tunisia market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 6: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 7: Gas prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 11: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 13: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 15: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 16: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2014, %)
- GRAPH 17: Coal consumption (Mt)
In the Tunisia market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator.
The Tunisia market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Tunisia Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Tunisia energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports