The Ministry of Oil, Gas and Mineral Resources is in charge of the policy for the exploration and production of oil and gas, as well as mineral resources, including the processing and transportation of hydrocarbons. The Ministry also coordinates activities to attract foreign...
Turkmenistan energy report
Turkmenistan energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Turkmenistan energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 27 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Turkmenneft is the national oil production company. It supplies 90% of the country's production; the rest is provided by the national gas company, Turkmengaz (3%), and several foreign companies. Monument Oil (United Kingdom) and ExxonMobil are the main companies operating in the...
- Energy Supply
Compared to gas, the country's oil production is low (13 Mt in 2014) and increased only slightly over the last decade.
The country has a refining capacity of 237 000 bbl/d, distributed over 2 refineries (Chardzhou, 120 500 bbl/d, and Kranovodsk, 116 500 bbl/d). The country is a net...
- Energy Prices
Gas has been supplied free to Turkmen households since 1993. The President said in January 2014 that his Government is planning to end the unlimited supply of free natural gas to citizens. This is to promote energy efficiency and reduce state costs. In February 2014, it was officially announced...
- Energy Consumption
Per capita consumption is 5.4 toe, with electricity accounting for around 2 500 kWh in 2014.
Total energy consumption has been increasing rapidly since 2000 (4.7%/year, on average) and reached 29 Mtoe in 2014. Natural gas represents 78% of that consumption and oil 22%.
- Issues & Prospects
Foreign investments tend to be more diversified, mainly focusing on the energy sector, but with a growing share allocated to chemistry, especially fertilizers. In 2015, total foreign investments reached US$4.3bn.
The country's main objective is to exploit its hydrocarbon resources. To...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Turkmenistan market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the Turkmenistan market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Turkmenistan market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2013 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Turkmenistan Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Turkmenistan energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports