The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a federal state made up of seven emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. The two most important emirates are Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The UAE is located at the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula, bordering Oman to...
United Arab Emirates energy report
United Arab Emirates energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated United Arab Emirates energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 30 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
The emirate of Abu Dhabi ensures around 90% of the UAE's total oil production. The principal operator of the emirate and, therefore, of the country, is Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), which belongs to the Government of Abu Dhabi. ADNOC is involved in all...
- Energy Supply
The proven oil reserves are estimated at 13.3 Gt or 97.8 Gbl (end of 2014; ranking the reserves 8th largest in the world), 94% of which are located in Abu Dhabi. The proven natural gas reserves reach 6 090 bcm (ranking them 7th largest in the world), 93% of which are...
- Energy Prices
Despite a strong increase between 2000 and 2008, the price of gasoline has remained relatively stable since 2010. These prices are among the lowest in the world, at a level slightly below the average of the UAE's oil-producing neighbouring countries. In August 2015, the price of gasoline and...
- Energy Consumption
Total energy consumption per capita is very high, at around 7.6 toe in 2014. Per capita electricity consumption is also very high, at approximately 9 800 kWh.
Consumption has more than doubled since 2000 and reached 74 Mtoe in 2014.
Graph: CONSUMPTION TRENDS BY ENERGY SOURCE (Mtoe...
- Issues & Prospects
The sharp growth in the consumption of electricity has led the UAE to commit to making important investments for the construction and extension of power plants. Accordingly, the total capacity should increase to 40 GW in 2020.
The country plans to invest US$4.6bn in solar power by 2030....
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the United Arab Emirates market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2014, %)
- GRAPH 5: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l).
- GRAPH 6: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 7: Total consumption market share by energy (2014, %)
- GRAPH 8: Final consumption market share by sector (2014, %)
In the United Arab Emirates market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The United Arab Emirates market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2014 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- United Arab Emirates Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the United Arab Emirates energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports