The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a federal state made up of seven emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. The two most important emirates are Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The UAE is located at the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula, bordering Oman to...
United Arab Emirates energy report
United Arab Emirates energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated United Arab Emirates energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 34 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Supply
Gas production has been increasing regularly (2.6%/year since 2000); it accelerated in 2015 to reach 59 bcm (+9%), up from 40 bcm in 2000.
Approximately 13% of the gas production is exported in the form of LNG (2015), and goes nearly entirely to Japan (Tepco's only customer), with minor...
- Energy Prices
Each emirate decides its prices independently. Electricity prices are dependent on natural gas prices.
- Energy Consumption
Total energy consumption per capita is very high (2.5 times higher than the Middle-East average, and double of the OECD average) and has been strongly increasing in 2015 to reach, around 8.2 toe. Per capita electricity consumption is also very high, at approximately 11 000 kWh (1.5 times higher...
- Issues & Prospects
The sharp growth in the consumption of electricity has led the UAE to commit to making important investments for the construction and extension of power plants. Accordingly, the total capacity should increase to 40 GW in 2020.
In 2016, the country announced that it plans to produce 30% of...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the United Arab Emirates market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 8: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 9: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
In the United Arab Emirates market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The United Arab Emirates market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- United Arab Emirates Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the United Arab Emirates energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports