The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a federal state made up of seven emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. The two most important emirates are Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The role of the federal structures is, on the whole, limited to drafting the...
United Arab Emirates energy report
United Arab Emirates energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated United Arab Emirates energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 15 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
Abu Dhabi Gas Company (ADGC), a subsidiary of ADNOC, is involved in a programme for the expansion of gas production in the UAE.
The emirates Sharjah and Ajman signed an agreement with Crescent Petroleum and Atlantis Holding for the development of the offshore gas field of...
- Energy Supply
Gas production is increasing rapidly (3%/year since 2000); it reached 54 bcm in 2011, up from 40 bcm in 2000.
Approximately 15% of the gas production is exported in the form of LNG, with 97% going to Japan in 2011 (Tepco’s only customer) and the rest to India, Kuwait and Taiwan (1% each...
- Energy Consumption
Total energy consumption per capita is very high, at around 7.8 toe in 2011. Per capita electricity consumption is also very high, at approximately 10 000 kWh.
Gas accounts for around 80% of the country’s total energy consumption, and oil for 19% (2011).
Gas covers 56% of the...
- Issues & Prospects
A production agreement concerning the Shah Field, located in Abu Dhabi Emirates, was signed between ADNOC (60%) and ConocoPhillips (40%). However, ConocoPhillips later pulled out of the project and has been replaced by Occidental Petroleum (Oxy). The production of the field could reach 10 bcm/...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the United Arab Emirates market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- Graph 1: Installed Electric Capacity by Source (2011, %)
- Graph 2: Power Generation by Source (2011, %)
- Graph 3: Consumption trends by Energy Source (Mtoe)
- Graph 4: Total Consumption Market Share by Energy (2011, %)
- Graph 5: Final Consumption Market Share by Sector (2011, %)
- Graph 6: Primary Consumption since 1970
In the United Arab Emirates market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The United Arab Emirates market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2011 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- United Arab Emirates Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the United Arab Emirates energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports