The Department of Energy (DoE) is in charge of coordinating all the national activities concerning the production, regulation, management and conservation of energy. The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy is in charge of developing and promoting energy technologies...
United States energy report
United States energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated United States energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 50 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
The main natural gas production companies are ExxonMobil, Chesapeake Energy, Anadarko and Southwestern Energy.
Interstate natural gas transportation (more than 90 pipelines) functions according to the principle of third...
- Energy Supply
Natural gas production is increasing rapidly (+50% between 2005 and 2015) and reached 766 bcm in 2015. This significant growth is mainly linked to the large increase in shale gas production (sixfold increase between 2008 and 2014), which accounted for about two thirds of total gas production in...
- Energy Prices
On a national level, in 2016 the average prices of electricity were $12.5c/kWh for households and $6.5c/kWh for industry. Residential prices thus follow, for the first time since 2002, a slightly decreasing trend (around -2%), mostly due to reduced costs of natural gas. Households and industry...
- Energy Consumption
The United States is the 2nd largest energy consumer in the world; it ranked first until 2009 when it was overtaken by China.
Per capita consumption reached 6.8 toe/cap in 2015, including 12 000 kWh/cap of electricity; the country consumes about twice the European average....
- Issues & Prospects
The EIA (Annual Energy Outlook 2016) expects the share of gas in the US electricity mix to erode for a few years after 2016 (increase in gas prices, competition with renewables), but gas-fired generation should grow again around 2020 and up until 2040. The EIA forecasts the US to become an LNG...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the United States market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Gas prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh GCV)
- GRAPH 9: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 10: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 11: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 12: Oil consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 13: Oil consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 14: Electricity consumption (TWh)
- GRAPH 15: Electricity consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 16: Natural gas consumption (bcm)
- GRAPH 17: Gas consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
- GRAPH 18: Coal consumption (Mt)
- GRAPH 19: Coal consumption breakdown by sector (2015, %)
In the United States market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
- Infrastructure Projects: Covers power plant projects by energy, technology, status and operator, Gas plant projects by status and operator and LNG contracts.
The United States market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- United States Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the United States energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports