The Energy and Oil Ministry lays down the country's energy policy and supervises all the energy companies. The Ministry of Electricity was created in 2009 and supervises the electricity sector. The Planning Ministry (Cordiplan...
Venezuela energy report
Venezuela energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Venezuela energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 33 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
PDVSA Gas is in charge of the exploration and the exploitation of gas, as well as of the production and sale of LNG on national and international markets.
Repsol YPF is the largest private producer, producing on the Quiriquire block since 2001. ...
- Energy Supply
Venezuela has substantial hydrocarbon reserves. The proven oil reserves, including non-conventional resources, reached 40 Gt in 2015, making them the largest in the world, and they are expected to increase. These reserves include approximately 220 Gbl of heavy crude from the Orinoco belt; the...
- Energy Prices
The Government controls the prices. Gasoline and diesel prices are heavily subsidised: they are the lowest in the world and far below the price of crude oil. Until 2015, gasoline and diesel prices were around US$1.3c/l and US$0.8c/l, respectively. However, Venezuela experienced problems...
- Energy Consumption
Energy consumption per capita (1.9toe, including nearly 2 700 kWh of electricity in 2015) is relatively high compared to the level of income per capita. It is the highest in South America. However, both energy and electricity consumption per capita has been decreasing since 2013 (17% and 16%...
- Issues & Prospects
The development of Venezuela's large reserves is blocked by the on-going economic and political crisis.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Venezuela market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- GRAPH 1: CO2-energy Emissions (MtCO2)
- GRAPH 2: Installed electric capacity by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 3: Gross power production by source (TWh)
- GRAPH 4: Power generation by source (2015, %)
- GRAPH 5: Map of natural gas infrastructure
- GRAPH 6: Gasoline & diesel prices (US$/l)
- GRAPH 7: Electricity prices for industry and households (US$c/kWh)
- GRAPH 8: Consumption trends by energy source (Mtoe)
- GRAPH 9: Total consumption market share by energy (2015, %)
- GRAPH 10: Final consumption market share by sector (2015, %)
In the Venezuela market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Venezuela market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2015 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Venezuela Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Venezuela energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports