The Energy and OilMinistry lays down the country's energy policy and supervises all the energy companies. The Ministry of Electricity was created in 2009 and supervises the electricity sector. The Planning Ministry (Cordiplan...
Venezuela energy report
Venezuela energy market analysis is derived from the most recent key economic indicators, supply and demand factors, oil & gas pricing trends and major energy issues and developments surrounding the energy industry. The analysis includes a comprehensive energy market report and updated Venezuela energy market data.
Format: 2 files (PDF report, Excel file)
Pages: 18 (Report only)
Delivery: Immediate by e-mail
- Institutions & Energy Policy
- Energy Companies
The hydrocarbons sector is dominated by a powerful public company, Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA), which is among the 10 largest oil companies in the world. PDVSA was created in 1976 and is made up of three entities: PDVSA Exploration and Production, PDVSA Manufacturing and...
- Energy Supply
The marketed production reached 26.5 bcm in 2013; it has increased by 3.5%/year since 2009.
Only a quarter of the gas production is marketed; a strong proportion is re-injected (40%). The marketed production of natural gas increased regularly during the 90s (from 21 bcm in 1990 to 28 bcm...
- Energy Prices
The Government controls the prices. The prices of premium gasoline and diesel are very low in comparison to the other countries of the region and to international levels, equalling US$2.0c/l and US$1.1c/l, respectively (2012).
- Energy Consumption
Energy consumption per capita (2.5 toe, including 3 000 kWh in 2013) is relatively high compared to the level of income per capita. It is the highest in South America.
In 2013, the overall consumption amounted to 77 Mtoe, with oil accounting for 56%, gas for 33% and hydroelectricity for...
- Issues & Prospects
The priority of the Venezuelan energy sector is the development of its large reserves, which make it one of the world's key players today but especially in the future (if light oil and heavy oil are taken into account the country's reserves are among the largest in the world). Therefore, and in...
- GENERAL OVERVIEW
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY
- ENERGY COMPANIES
- ENERGY SUPPLY
- ENERGY PRICES
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS
- DATA TABLES
In the Venezuela market report you will find the graphs mentioned below:
- Graph 1: Installed Electric Capacity by Source (2012, %)
- Graph 2: Power Generation by Source (2012, %)
- Graph 3: Consumption trends by Energy Source (Mtoe)
- Graph 4: Total Consumption Market Share by Energy (2012, %)
- Graph 5: Final Consumption Market Share by Sector (2012, %)
- Graph 6: Primary Consumption since 1970
In the Venezuela market report you will find follow tables:
- Economic Indicators: Annual historical data including population, GNP growth, imports & exports, inflation rate, energy security and efficiency indicators, CO2 emissions.
- Supply Indicators: Historical data including oil & gas reserves, electric & refining capacity, energy production, power production and external trade. All detailed by energy source.
- Demand Indicators: Historical data includes consumption per inhabitant, consumption trends, total consumption by energy source, final consumption by energy source & sector, and, electricity consumption by sector.
- Energy Balances: Unique tabular display of the overall energy industry balance per annum, also graphically displayed by energy sub-segment.
The Venezuela market data since 1990 included in the Excel file is given below.
Historical evolution allows to easily work with the data.
2012 Key Data included in the excelsheet:
- Economic indicators: Annual historical economic indicators, energy security, energy efficiency and CO2 emissions.
- Supply indicators: Annual historical reserves, capacity, production and external trade (imports(+) exports(-) balance).
- Demand indicators: Annual historical consumption per capita, consumption trends, total consumption, final consumption (per energy and per sector) and electricity consumption total and per sector.
- Energy Balance: total and per energy.
- Venezuela Energy Prices: In addition to the analysis provided on the report we also provided a data set which includes historical details on the Venezuela energy prices for the follow items: price of premium gasoline (taxes incl.), price of diesel (taxes incl.), price of electricity in industry (taxes incl.), price of electricity for households (taxes incl.), price of natural gas in industry (taxes incl.), prices of natural gas for households (taxes incl.), spot price of Brent and CO2 emissions (from fuel combustion).
Back to the market reports